The Mobius X8 Knee brace evolved from 7 years of development, prototypes, and testing. The design of the Mobius brace is intended to prevent three typical knee injuries: lateral bending, lateral rotation and hyperextension.
We have been using these knee braces ourselves for years. They are comfortable and frankly have saved our knees many times from impact and most importantly hyperextension. We never ride without them.
The hard nylon shell is supplemented by the Continuous Cable Routing System (CCRS). It is a continuous cable loop in a figure-eight configuration that loops around the knee joint. The CCRS tightens when forces are applied to the knee joint. In turn, the brace shells tighten also, to keep the knee firmly in place.
The cable’s beginning tension is adjustable with a dial large enough to turn easily, even through a pair of pants. The straps that hold the brace in place are also adjustable and replaceable.
Another notable feature of the Mobius X8 is that the front of the knee is never exposed. The brace’s panels are articulated, and even with the knee bent, the pieces overlap.
- CCRS (Continuous Cable Routing System) adjusts the fit with a single turn of the locking CNC forged 6061-T6 anodized aluminum dial
- Plush molded EVA foam and impact absorbing rubber internal padding
- Overlapping patella area with zero degree CNC forged 6061-T6 anodized aluminum stop leaves no gap exposed regardless of how far the knee is bent
- Figure-8 cable and behind-the-knee adjustment pad greatly strengthen the joint yet work as freely as your body's own ligament system
- CNC forged 6061-T6 anodized aluminum hinge plates
- Lightweight PIM glass-filled nylon shell conforms to your leg shape, creating 360-degree protection that will not rotate or slip
- VELCRO® brand closures straps with TPR pull tabs numbered in order to provide proper fit and easy entry and exit (replacement straps are available)
- Sold as a pair
Brace Fitting Guide:
Measure 6 inches (15.24cm) up the thigh from the center point of the knee cap, then measure the circumference of the thigh. If you fall between two sizes, choose the smaller size.