TripleClamp Moto is highly proud to introduce the best solution for the common headlight mount post breaking issue on all KTM 1050/1090/1190/1190/1290 Adventure models.
We have painstakingly designed this kit to be 100% bolt on WITHOUT the need to take anything of your KTM front end.
No more broken headlight mounts and no need to drill or clamp into the trellis frame for mounting the Scotts damper.
UPDATE: HeadStraight CAN be used on bikes with BROKEN headlight mount posts to fully carry the weight of the headlight assembly on its own. It's that strong! Leave us a note with your order if this is what you need to do so we can send you the necessary hardware.
UPDATE: HeadStraight for 1090 and 1290 can be used in combination with BRP damper mount using a steering column clamp without a whole for our damper pin. If you wish to buy the BRP compatible version please note that in your order.
- Two in one. Frame post protector and a mount for the Scotts damper, THE industry standard steering damper.
- True reinforcement for all 4 mounting points of headlight assembly on the frame.
- These mount points are known to break under normal use, not just from off road riding.
- KTM has replaced numerous frames for bikes still under warranty but are not honouring claims for bikes ridden off road or those out of warranty!!!
- The damper bracket offers minimal rise and four different handlebar positions to suit everyone.
- No alteration to the frame or plastics required.
- No need to disassemble anything to install apart from the tank top plastic trim.
- May be purchased in three phases: everything is designed to be modular:
HeadStraight Base : What’s required to reinforce the headlight mount posts. No damper mount parts. (you can upgrade this kit to full to be able to install a Scotts damper at any time)
HeadStraight Full: Includes the HeadStraight Base plus The parts to install a Scotts damper. This comes with a damper arm you need to install on your Scotts damper. Select this if you already have a Scotts damper that you want to use.
HeadStraight Full with a damper: Includes all the above plus a new Scotts damper with the correct arm installed on it.
- HeadStraight Upgrade to damper kit: If you have the HeadStraight Base installed on your bike and wish to add a Scotts damper mount, you need to select this option. You must have the HeadStraight Base to be able to use the upgrade kit.
This modular configuration allows you to purchase the HeadStraight BASE at first and upgrade it with the TripleClamp Moto damper mount kit later
No one else produces a bolt on kit that provides all this functionality and safety - and no one provides a 100% bolt on solution without taking anything apart. 100% made in North America and 100% guaranteed for life.
Please note, kits for 1090/1190/1290/1050 are different because of the differences in the frames of those bikes. All offer the same functionality. Please select your bike from the options to see the picture of the actual kit you will receive.
Installation instructions are available on the Download page.