Possible shipping delay notice:
Due to high demands for Scotts Steering Dampers and production delays at Scotts manufacturing plant, if your order includes a Scotts Steering Damper, there may be a delay of 1 to 3 weeks in shipping your package. We receive weekly shipments of dampers from Scotts and fulfill orders on a first come first serve basis.
This is a two in one product. It consists of a brace kit known as HeadStraight to reinforce the headlight mounting pins on the frame of the bike and a Steering Damper Mount kit that accommodates a Scotts Steering Damper.
1 . The Brace (HeadStraight Base)
The best solution for the common headlight mount post breaking issue on all KTM 1050/1090/1190/1190/1290 Adventure models.
2. The Damper Mount
The optional damper mount portion of the kit is designed to fit a Scotts damper arguably the best steering damper in the marker. We have painstakingly designed this kit to be 100% bolt-on without the need to take anything of your KTM front end.
Note: For KTM 1290 Super Adventure R and S 2021+ models see this page.
- Two in one. Frame post protector + a mount for the Scotts damper, the industry standard steering damper.
- True reinforcement for all 4 mounting points of headlight assembly on the frame.
- +20mm of for the handlebar
- Four different handlebar positions to suit your need.
- No alteration to the frame or plastics required.
- May be purchased in three phases: everything is designed to be modular:
- HeadStraight Base : This is required to reinforce the headlight mount posts. No damper mount parts.
- HeadStraight Full: Includes the HeadStraight Base plus the parts to install a Scotts damper. This comes with a damper arm you need to install on your Scotts damper. Select this if you already have a Scotts damper that you want to use.
- HeadStraight Full with a damper: Includes all the above plus a new Scotts damper with the correct arm installed on it.
- Upgrade to damper kit: If you have the HeadStraight Base installed on your bike and wish to add a Scotts damper mount, you need to select this option.
This modular configuration allows you to purchase the HeadStraight Base at first and upgrade it with the TripleClamp Moto damper mount kit later if you choose to do so.
What if the frame posts are already broken?
HeadStraight can be used on bikes with broken headlight mount posts to fully carry the weight of the headlight assembly on its own. It's that strong. Leave us a note with your order if this is what you need to do so we can send you the necessary extra hardware.
Compatibility with BRP damper mount
HeadStraight for 1090 and 1290 (not 1190) can be used in combination with BRP damper mount using a steering column clamp without a whole for our damper pin. If you wish to buy the BRP compatible version please note that in your order.
Please note, kits for 1090/1190/1290/1050 are different because of the differences in the frames of those bikes. All offer the same functionality. Please select your bike from the options to see the picture of the actual kit you will receive.
Installation instructions are available on the Download page.
Payment methods we accept
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.